Thursday, March 28, 2013

30 Days Of Biking - I made the pledge.

In four short days the event of the year is set to begin, even now while you read this, people all over the globe are readying themselves with puncture repair kits and rain ponchos. The scene is set as thousands of cyclists both seasoned and novice have signed the pledge, the pledge to ride everyday in the month of April with the 30 Days of Biking challenge. I know, it's awfully exciting...but really it's just riding a bike.



The truth is every time I attempt to write about it I sound cheesy and slightly contrived, but I just love the 30 Days of Biking event! For me it was a life changer, I started the month as a person on a bike and ended as a cyclist, I felt a sense of community even when I was the lone cyclist on the road. Of course this year will be different, for a start I won't be the only cyclist on the road and I will be on a different bike, exploring different streets, but I know already I will reap rewards that will help me in the coming months.

April promises to be a high stress month for us, so initially it worried me to take on the added commitment of daily rides, but I realize it's just what I need to keep me focused and moving forward. Are you joining in on the fun this year? I hope so!

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiration you are! I love to read your blog. I'm thinking of joining in the 30 days of biking. It might be just what I need to get off the bus and on the bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The bike is far nicer than the bus, but they are both better than the car, Less stress! Have fun!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments, if you would like to be updated with replies to the thread click "subscribe by email" on the bottom right hand side of the comment box.
Thanks!