Friday, May 11, 2012

Grocery haulin', tot-toting and enjoying the day



This morning Jack and I met some friends for coffee at the local bakery, then took a quick trip to the grocery store.  Beautiful fresh spring onions and asparagus called for the BBQ, and the greens we picked up will make a delicious salad. My own spinach in the garden is coming along nicely and should be ready to start harvesting in a few weeks. Today's haul wasn't huge, but tomorrow we'll be setting out another ride, by buying small I necessitate the need for numerous rides- works well for me!



5 comments:

  1. "by buying small I necessitate the need for numerous rides-"

    Now THAT'S using your noggin :)

    The DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's just admitting that we humans tend to be a lazy bunch in general lol

      Delete
  2. How do drivers react when they come up behind you & see a load like that? You must get a lot of thumbs ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish! I've never had anyone comment yet and judging by the looks I get, I doubt whether my interactions will be friendly in nature;)
      Pedestrians and people I pass in general seem to respond well- and I guess they drive too;)
      The thing I find the oddest is that my personal friends for the most part are very uninterested...rarely commenting on my lifestyle change, some haven't even mentioned it in passing. There have been a few that are super supportive and I appreciate them so much for it.

      Delete
  3. After driving by a woman bicyclist carrying her child AND groceries, I hope the people in automobiles passing you by tell themselves, "Hey I can do that!"

    I'm sure the sight of you and Jack inspire others to do it too.

    Thank you, Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, if you would like to be updated with replies to the thread click "subscribe by email" on the bottom right hand side of the comment box.
Thanks!