Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 22 of 30 days of biking - and a short video of yesterday's ride

When I signed up for the 30 days of biking I thought it would help me to ride more, I anticipated I'd ride maybe 20 out of 30 days, I never expected to ride every single day. As we approach the end of the month, I now know for sure that I won't miss a day. It's getting to be just life, I get up, I eat, I change diapers, I shower (if I'm lucky) and I ride my bike. Just part of life and that's exactly what I'd hoped for.



The boy and I headed out towards the end of day, it had been a busy one and we'd done lots of yard work so energy was lagging.


We planted all of our spinach seedlings today and some giant sunflowers, which are one of my favorites. These are our raised bed boxes, they are recycled crates from the wind turbines, extremely well made from non treated wood.  Behind Kyle you can see our new compost box and to the left you can see the stake for our sugar snap peas, we planted them last week and they are doing great.


Okay, now back to tonight's ride...What can I say? It was lovely, of course! Jack and I rode solo, which wasn't as fun as a family ride, but Kyle still needed to fix his flat and was exhausted from digging a new veggie bed we're working on.


Jack literally chatted the entire ride, non-stop jibber jabbering; pointing out flowers, buckets, dogs, birds and saying "hello" to everyone we pass...he loves it!






A long shadow, courtesy of the setting sun and below, the same onion field I took a picture of last month, now with much taller Walla Walla Sweets.







It is hard to believe there are only 8 more days in this month. It's also hard to believe I was worried about this challenge, as I was painting myself into another corner. I'm so glad that cycling is becoming normal to me now.


Here's a short video we took yesterday on our way home from the races. I did a rough edit, but due to the nature of our unsteady camera, it's a little jumpy. This trail is beautiful, it cuts through a little wetland area that has been reserved. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, if you would like to be updated with replies to the thread click "subscribe by email" on the bottom right hand side of the comment box.
Thanks!